Treat yourself or buy a unique gift for your family or friends!
Group sessions of between 5 – 7 people.
In the butchery on our farm in the beautiful Scottish Borders with one of the best views in the UK & alongside Guild Craft Butcher Gordon Newlands you will have a hands-on butchery experience including:
- Breaking-down a carcass (probably pig or lamb) and learning the different cuts
- Dry-curing gammon
- Making sausages (on your own!)
- An introduction to charcuterie (with Denise)
- Hands on experience of the workings of our on-farm butchery
- Gaining an insight into the running of an organic butchery as part of an integrated organic farming business
With The Waltons you will also:
- Have an introduction to the relationship between farming, animal husbandry, eating quality and environmental management.
- Have a farm lunch
- Make new friends with food in common !