More about our amazing butchery team
Having used a local contract butcher for seven years we gained the confidence to build our on-farm butchery with charcuterie facility in 2008. Since than, we have organically prepared, produced and added value to the meat from our farmed cattle, sheep and pigs every week of the year. We expanded our charcuterie facility some five years later, moving it into the 200 year old stone byre in the farm yard where we now do all the smoking, fermenting and air-drying. We expanded the butchery in 2021.
…And here’s the super Team:
- Archie Wight: Butchery Manager
- Val Watson: Charcuterie Manager
- Steven Clark: Specialist Craft Butcher
- Sue Hodgkins: Food Production Support
- Sam Hetherington: Butchery Apprentice recently signed upto SVQ Craft Butchery
- Vicky Rowden: Food Production Assistant
- And in the hot seat …. Judith Thompson our Office Administrator.